[sane-devel] HP 7450c with Avision backend on Solaris

Bertrik Sikken bertrik@zonnet.nl
Mon, 15 Jul 2002 18:27:39 +0200

Laszlo Fodor wrote:
> I'm trying to set up an HP 7450c scanner on
> my Solaris 8 box using the sgen (generic SCSI driver)
> for Solaris.
>
> I can drive the scanner with the avision backend and
> it seems to work, but the colors are terrible.
>
> I've attached a small JPG file, it was scanned at 100dpi,
> with 50% brightness, 50% contrast, gamma correction 8.
>
> The result is... well....
> And this is one the best... I tried it really hard.
> I can change the resoultion, but the colors.
> Of course it works with Windows.
>
> I've generated a log by setting SANE-DEBUG-AVISON to 5.
> I've also attached the JPG image.

I don't know anything about the Avision backend, but
the image you get seems plausible with a gamma of 8.

What happens if you scan at 100% brightness, 100% contrast
and a gamma of 1?

Bertrik