[sane-devel] Adaptec 2904 and Paragon MFS-8000SP

Mon, 15 Jul 2002 18:56:19 +0200

Hi,

On Mon, Jul 15, 2002 at 06:29:24PM +0200, christoph bier wrote:
> I already sent this message last week, but with a "wrong"
> email-address, so I received a corresponding email. Since
> my message wasn't posted up to now and I already asked
> the list-moderator (sane-devel-admin@mostang.com)
> whether I should post my message again and didn't
> receive any answer I do post it again with my "correct"
> email-address (the one I used to subscribe to the list).
> I feel sorry, if this is not the correct behaviour respectively
> not the right list. For the latter please tell me where to
> post this message because I need a solution at last.

Resending is ok if you used the wrong address the first time.

> scsi0 : Adaptec AHA274x/284x/294x (EISA/VLB/PCI-Fast SCSI) 5.1.33/3.2.4
>          <Adaptec AIC-7850 SCSI host adapter>
> scsi : 1 host.
>     Vendor:           Model: *M"Àÿÿÿÿ1/43/41/2Ãÿÿÿÿ  Rev:
>     Type:   Sequential-Access                  ANSI SCSI revision: 00
>
> As you can see there is no Vendor and a "strange" Model listed.

And the type is wrong! I guess either the scanner or the cable is
defective. Usually it's not necessary to use termination for just one
device but I'd try to add a terminator, also.

For me it looks like a hardware problem.