[sane-devel] Adaptec 2904 and Paragon MFS-8000SP

christoph bier christoph.bier@web.de
Mon, 15 Jul 2002 23:23:56 +0200

abel deuring wrote:

> christoph bier wrote:
>

>>After loading the respective modules - scsi_mod.o, sg.o and
>>aic7xxx.o for the SCSI-Controller - I find the following lines
>>in the dmesg-output:

>>(scsi0) <Adaptec AIC-7850 SCSI host adapter> found at PCI 0/13/0
>>(scsi0) Narrow Channel, SCSI ID=7, 3/255 SCBs
>>(scsi0) Downloading sequencer code... 415 instructions downloaded
>>scsi0 : Adaptec AHA274x/284x/294x (EISA/VLB/PCI-Fast SCSI) 5.1.33/3.2.4
>>          <Adaptec AIC-7850 SCSI host adapter>
>>scsi : 1 host.
>>     Vendor:           Model: *M"Àÿÿÿÿ1/43/41/2Ãÿÿÿÿ  Rev:
>>     Type:   Sequential-Access                  ANSI SCSI revision: 00
>>

> The output for "model" and for "type" look quite wrong. While a few
> scanners indeed do not provide proper vendor/model information, at least
> the "type" field should show "Scanner" or "Processor". I suspect that
> your hardware is broken. Check the cables and the termination of the
> SCSI bus. If these thigs look ok, you should try to connect the scanner
> to another adapter and/or to connect another SCSI device to the adapter.

Hi Abel, Erik and Henning,

I don't think that it is a hardware problem because the same hardware

works under windows. Unfortunately I don't have another SCSI-device
or adapter. I try to check the termination of the SCSI bus even if I don't
  know how to do it right now =).

Thanks for your hints!
Greetings,
Christoph