[sane-devel] Where should a backend save config data ?

Oliver Rauch oliver.rauch@rauch-domain.de
Wed, 24 Jul 2002 22:07:58 +0200

You will not be able to save the data to a system directory
because all users need write access to the file.
Be carefull with security with such files!

I suggest not to save any calibration data to a file.
The calibration data does not keep valid for a long time
because the illumination of the lamp does change, especally
for several minutes after the scanner lamp has turned on.

I suggest to keep the calibration data in the memory or
save it to a temporary file that is erased when sane_close
is called.

Bye
Oliver