[sane-devel] can the positions in the negative holder be added the epson backend

Karl Heinz Kremer khk@khk.net
Wed, 24 Jul 2002 18:59:39 -0400

--FL5UXtIhxfXey3p5

The negative holders / slide holdes are different for the different
scanners. This would make it pretty complicated to support all the
models. Also, there are not just 35mm negatives/slides, you have=20
different mid-formats as well, and this really makes it a job that
I don't want to take on.=20

I think this should go into the frontends (makes it less work for me :-)
Usually negatives or slides are arranged in a grid (e.g. 2 rows with
five iamges per row, or 4 rows with 4 images). Once the size of the image
is known, and the distance between the images, it would be fairly easy
to jump from image to image. But this of course would not help with
scanimage.

But then again, what do I know about frontend programming ? :-)

Karl Heinz