[sane-devel] Worsening Scans from Epson Perfection 1640

Roy Murphy murphy@panix.com
Sat, 27 Jul 2002 19:16:04 -0400

I wrote some time ago with problems with scans at high resolutions.
Over time, the problem exhibits itself at lower resolutions.  I'm
now thinking that I got a piece of garbage scanner.

The symptoms are at high enough resolutions, there is poor
registration between color layers.  Stripes in the scan appear
with the image in ne color only offset from their proper location.
scanimage --test passes all tests.

These scans illustrate the problem.
http://www.panix.com/~murphy/50dpi.pnm is fine.
http://www.panix.com/~murphy/150dpi.pnm has stripes.

The output from setting SANE_DEBUG_EPSON to 128 can be found in
http://www.panix.com/~murphy/epsontest.txt.gz

I would appreciate it if someone would take a look.