[sane-devel] Calibration curves for avision scanners

Jose Paulo Moitinho de Almeida moitinho@civil.ist.utl.pt
Mon, 29 Jul 2002 11:04:59 +0100

Hello,

We are try to figure out what curves are appropriate for the calibration of
the scanners that are supported by the sane avision backend, but, as no
official information is available, we will do it by "guessing" what is done
by the windows drivers.

I have prepared a script that does the parsing and collected some instructions
to use it at http://www.civil.ist.utl.pt/~moitinho/sane/calib.html

Those that have a scanner that is supported by the avision backend: HP5300,
HP7400, etc ..  and have access to a windows machine, could help by running
the script on their snoop log and sending me the calibration data.

Thanks

Ze Paulo