[sane-devel] Re: Debian SANE HP bug report

Peter Kirchgessner peter@kirchgessner.net
Tue, 30 Jul 2002 19:59:05 +0200

Hello Henning,

thank you for the bug-report.
The problem is that the USB-device is tried to be opened as a
SCSI-device. And then I assume it segfaults somewhere below
sanei_scsi_open(). Because of the missing option connect-device.
Do you have an idea how to check if a device name is a SCSI-device or
not ? And this should work not only for Linux. I could just add a check
to see if the device name contains something like usb and then assume
that it is not a SCSI device.

Bye

Peter

--