[sane-devel] Re: Mustek 600 III EP Plus problems

richard hebert hebertrich@yahoo.com
Tue, 4 Jun 2002 13:57:18 -0700 (PDT)

Dear Jim.

I found the trouble .. dll.conf had the mustek_pp
commented out
i just uncommented.Scanner of course works.But as
usual
only as root.this i tried over the past year to
solve.Dont have a clue on
how to fix this.Up to now i su and type gimp ..then as
root it works.
I checked the mail list and im still in the dark.

Sorry for the trouble.

Richard Hebert

On Tue, 4 Jun 2002 20:51:38 +0100
"Jim.George" <jim.george@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:

> Can you both send in your config files?
>
> Jim
>
> On Mon, 3 Jun 2002, richard hebert wrote:
>
> > I can second the thing.
> > I got the same scanner and RH 7.3 and i have tried
> > change port number
> > cat /proc/ioports indicates parport0 at 0378-037a
> > i used it in the mustek_pp.conf file and this is a
no
> > go.
> > And no this is not while trying to print : )
> >
> > Reminder this is an upgraded sane pack released by
RH
> > a few days ago.
> > Before and after the upgrade it does the same.
> > Suggestions ?
> > Ric
> >

> > On Mon, 3 Jun 2002 11:40:23 +0200
> > Jochen Eisinger <jochen.eisinger@gmx.de> wrote:
> >
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > to which port is your scanner connected? Or are
you
> > using a printer
> > > while trying to scan? You could try to unload
the
> > parport modules (or at
> > > least make sure they do not lock the port
> > address...)
> > >
> > > regards
> > > -- jochen
> > >
> > > [Kristen Doyle]