[sane-devel] color problems on bright areas

John Hunter jdhunter@ace.bsd.uchicago.edu
Mon, 10 Jun 2002 10:32:13 -0500

I have a SCSI Umax Astra1200 which I am using with sane/xscanimage.
When I scan images that have bright white areas, the scan often comes
out with those areas turned blue.  I have tried fiddling with custom
gamma (click the gamma button and change the values from 1 to 1.2 or 1
to 0.8) for image intensity and the various color intensities, but
this doesn't fix the problem.  Are there other techniques someone can
recommend to fix this problem.

Here's a sample of an image I scanned today which has this problem:

http://nitace.bsd.uchicago.edu:8080/summer/longshot.jpg

Any advice will be much appreciated.  Thanks,
John Hunter