[sane-devel] Epson Perfection 1650 USB on Solaris

Kip Iles kiplandiles@msn.com
Tue, 11 Jun 2002 10:47:22 -0400

My name is Kip Iles (http://kiplandiles.com) and I am just getting into
working with SANE on the Solaris 8 platform (currently, on a Ultra 10 but
finally on a Blade server). I am trying to get an Epson Perfection 1650 USB,
connected to a USB port on a SunRay to work and have not had any success. I
cant even get the PNM driver to work or be recognized as a valid device so I
am not even sure is SANE is truly operational.

I have tried the sane-1.0.6 + xsane-0.82 binary and also compiled the latest
and greatest sane-1.0.8 + xsane-0.86 source to no avail.

I am a bit confused about USB support for Solaris 8 in SANE and was hoping
that someone may have already experimented on this front. Is SCSI the only
supported interface for SANE on Solaris at this time and if so, what can I
do to help fix that; libusb or javax.usb perhaps? Does USB support need to
be in the kernel already or might I be able to fake it by just including USB
and scanner support without actually having any real USB devices on the
server.

Thanks in advance