[sane-devel] Scanner Trust Imagery 2400SP

Tue, 11 Jun 2002 18:47:37 +0200

Hi,

On Tue, Jun 11, 2002 at 10:00:21AM +0200, zbzb@netcourrier.com wrote:
> I am using Mandrake 8.2,
> - my scsi card (aic7xxx) is found by linux
> - my scanner (Trust Imagery 2400SP) is found by linux
>
> but my only (big) problem is that sane is developed for
> Trust Imagery 1200SP and Imagery 4800SP, not for Imagery 2400SP!

Trust sells (or sold) a whole lot of scanners from fdifferent
manufacturers. They are just relabeled. E.g. the Imagery 1200SP and
4800SP were produced by Mustek, that's why they are supported by the
Mustek backend.

The only thing I know is that the 2400SP is not produced by Mustek but
by Teco. Some time ago, there was no support by any SANE backend.

Maybe it's supported by one of the teco backends
(http://fz.eryx.net/sane/#teco).

You can find out more about your scanner with scanimage:

SANE_DEBUG_MUSTEK=5 scanimage -L

This will print some debug messages including an inquiry dump with
manufactuerer and model information.

> How doing? Compatibility Hardware is exist ? Could you develop for
> this scanner, please.

If it's not supported by any backend, it's up to you to develop a
driver :-)