[sane-devel] film scanner recommendation

Roland Roberts roland@astrofoto.org
11 Jun 2002 14:44:35 -0400

    Witold> The resolution need not be much above 2000 dpi.  The price
    Witold> however, is of concern, anything above $500 is out of
    Witold> question.

If you find something which meets these constraints, please let
everyone know.  As someone who recently went on a search for a film
scanner, I found nothing in the 2000dpi and up range for under $500.
I elected to purchase a flatbed with a built-in transparency adapter
in the lid, but....

    Witold> Please do not suggest paper scanners with transparency
    Witold> adapters.

Since you ask me not, to, I won't.  But I suspect this is your best
bet for meeting your price constraint.

roland
--
		       PGP Key ID: 66 BC 3B CD