[sane-devel] problem with epson driver: noise in scans

Karl Heinz Kremer khk@khk.net
Sun, 16 Jun 2002 09:04:12 -0400

--7JfCtLOvnd9MIVvH

I have never received any reports about problems with noise in=20
scans, so I would suspect a hardware problem. What confuses me
is that your problems only show up in binary scans. if it's
really a hardware problem, it should be more obvious with
color scans.

Can you eiher provide a link to a sample, or send it to me as
an email attachment?

Karl Heinz

On Sat, Jun 15, 2002 at 10:21:39PM -0700, Henry House wrote:
> I am having a problem with an Epson Perfection 636 scanner (SCSI) and SANE
> 1.0.7. The OS is Debian GNU/Linux. The problem is that scans have what lo=
oks
> horizontal lines of random white and black pixels all over the scan. (Sam=
ple
> available upon request.) This occurs in all resolutions I have tried but =
only
> in the binary mode. (Color scans fine.) I have checked SCSI termination a=
nd
> it appears to be fine, though I have a suspicion that the Linux driver for
> the machine's on-board SCSI (AM53/79C974 PCscsi) is flakey.
>=20
> Does anyone have any ideas?
>=20
> --=20