[sane-devel] scanimage problem / sane 1.0.8 / Epson / Solaris 8 (x86)

Wed, 26 Jun 2002 18:37:40 +0200

Hi,

On Wed, Jun 26, 2002 at 05:02:54PM +0100, Ed Randall wrote:
> I can run scanimage with the default resolution (50) fine;
> but if I want more detail than that, if I put a "--resolution"
> option on there, half-way through the scan I get:
>
> $ scanimage --mode gray --resolution 72 >out
> scanimage: sane_read: Error during device I/O
>
> [500 lines of debug output that goes here is
> available at http://www.ingenotech.com/tmp/sane_debug.txt]

Scanner initialization seems to work. Then:

[epson] receive buf, expected = 128520, got = 0

I don't know the epson code nor Solaris but maybe your driver doesn't
like this big buffer? The maximum buffer size is set to 128 kB for
Solaris in sanei_scsi.c however, so it should be allright. Maybe you
want to reduce the value to e.g. 64kb just to give it a try if
everything else failse.

You will get more details when you additionally set
SANE_DEBUG_SANEI_SCSI=255.