[sane-devel] scanimage problem / sane 1.0.8 / Epson / Solaris 8 (x86)

Kip Iles kiplandiles@msn.com
Thu, 27 Jun 2002 13:09:07 -0400

I too had some issues getting all the SANE pieces to compile and find all
the libraries under Solaris 8 (Sparc) using gcc 3.1. I Installed GIMP and
image libraries from Sun's companion CD into /opt/sfw and wanted everything
SANE to live there too. I also wanted the pnm backend and GIMP plugins ...

Sane Backend ...
./configure --prefix=/opt/sfw --enable-pnm-backend

Sane Frontend ...
CPPFLAGS="-I/opt/sfw/include" LDFLAGS="-L/opt/sfw/lib" ./configure
--prefix=/opt/sfw

Xsane ...
CPPFLAGS="-I/opt/sfw/include" LDFLAGS="-L/opt/sfw/lib" ./configure
--prefix=/opt/sfw

There may have been an easier way to do this but this gave me the results I
desired.

Kipland Iles