[sane-devel] SANE 1.0.5 -> 1.0.8 *help*! (long)

Journeyman jman@masternet.it
Sat, 29 Jun 2002 22:56:43 +0200

On Sat, 29 Jun 2002 11:48:26 +0200
Henning Meier-Geinitz <henning@meier-geinitz.de> wrote:

> Aren't there any sane-backends-1.0.8 RPMs from Mandrake?

As far as I've been told, no. Just the libsane and libsane-devel. The reason is that you keep using the same libs while upgrading the back/frontends.
Now the funny part is that I have libs 1.0.5 and BOTH backends 1.0.5 (from default MDK RPM installation) and 1.0.8 (from a tarball that I have compiled and installed: they are located in different places:

[root@Trent usr]# /usr/bin/sane-config --version
1.0.5
[root@Trent usr]# /usr/local/bin/sane-config --version
1.0.8

sane-find-scanner and scanimage work if launched from /usr/local/bin (of course, only 1.0.8 supports my scanner). And now the question: how can I tell xsane to search for sane files in the 1.0.8 directory?!

Thank you for your help!

"Never have anything in your life that you cannot walk away
from in ten seconds if you feel the heat around the corner."
(Robert de Niro, Heat)
Journeyman of 666, Inc.
Sorso su Ranocchia Triple, mod. Y2K