[sane-devel] Speed of the HP driver using USB interface...

Bertrik Sikken bertrik@zonnet.nl
Sun, 30 Jun 2002 18:08:01 +0200

Sunil William Savkar wrote:

>Just curious if other people using the HP driver experience very slow
>scans with XSane or other frontends?  I am using an HP 6250cse and
>although it does work, color scans can be frustratingly slow.
>
>I was hoping there are options people have used to speed things up.  If i
>use the win9X driver that came with the scanner, the times are much much
>better for scans.
>
>Any ideas?

I noticed that some versions of the 2.4.x kernel USB was noticeably
slower than in
others (downto 10% of max. throughput). If you have a UHCI chipset, it
may also
help to try another USB driver, i.e. try 'uhci' instead of 'usb-uhci'
and vice versa.

Bertrik
(assuming this is a USB scanner)