[sane-devel] sane weirdness + UMAX Astra 1220 S

abel deuring a.deuring@satzbau-gmbh.de
Fri, 01 Mar 2002 12:05:07 +0100

Oliver Rauch wrote:

> Hubert Figuiere wrote:
> >
> > Hi
> >
> > I'm still having problems with Sane.
> >
> > I run Linux PPC on a PowerMac clone. I rebuilt sane 1.0.7 from source.
> > I have kernel 2.2.20-pmac (from Debian PPC)
> >
> > I have 2 SCSI buses. One using the built-in SCSI control on which you
> > have the scanner. The other is the AHA-2930B that carry the boot disk. I
> > have several SCSI devices.
> >
> > sane-find-scanner detects the scanner in /dev/sg5
> > But that's all. I did that:
> >
> >         export SANE_DEBUG_DLL=255
> >         export SANE_DEBUG_SANEI_SCSI=255
> >         export SANE_DEBUG_UMAX=255
> >         scanimage -L 2> logfile
> >
> > I attach the log.
> >
> > sane-find-scanner no longer find it. I have powered off/on the scanner,
> > no change.
> >
> > Any clue appreciated.
> >

> Hello Hubert,
>
> the logfile looks ok.
> I suggest you comment out (add a #) all backends but umax
> in /usr/local/etc/sane.d/dll.conf and try again. May be
> an unused backend messes up something.

Oliver,

did you notice the line

[sanei_scsi]  vendor=UMAX model=(null) type=Scanner
        bus=1 chan=0 id=4 lun=0  num=5

Are there any Umax scanners which indeed do _not_ provide a model
string, or could it be that we have again a problem with the result of
INQUIRY, similar to the one Paul observed?

Hubert,

what is the output of "cat /proc/scsi/scsi"? (just to be sure that
sanei_scsi_find_devices we don't have a bug in sanei_scsi_find_devices)

Abel