[sane-devel] Re: (no subject)

Andreas Nowack nowack.andreas@gmx.de
Fri, 1 Mar 2002 12:40:35 +0100 (CET)

On Fri, 1 Mar 2002 sane-devel-request@mostang.com wrote:

> Message: 9
> Date: Fri, 1 Mar 2002 10:11:31 +0100
> From: Henning Meier-Geinitz <henning@meier-geinitz.de>
> To: sane-devel@mostang.com
> Subject: Re: [sane-devel] (no subject)
>
> Hi,
>
> On Thu, Feb 28, 2002 at 10:26:39PM +0100, Irvin Probst wrote:
> > On Thu, 2002-02-28 at 21:05, Henning Meier-Geinitz wrote:
> > >
> > > The good news is that the backend can communicate with the scanner.
> > > The scanner bar seems to move correctly. I tried several resolutions
> > > and geometries. However, the image is always nearly completely white.
> > > Usually most of it is 255, some point have differnt values.
> >
> > It's fixed now, but you can manually fix this by adding
> > -DMUSTEK_1200_UB_PLUS in the cflags of the Makefile.

I plan to write an automatic detection which sets the optimal offsets and
gains. Probably, I will find some time next week...

> Thanks, this works! I get some light vertical color stripes (probably
> because of missing calibration) but it's definitely the original image.
> Good work!

I think you are right, the calibration has to be improved. I have the same
problem with my Scanexpress 1200 UB plus. The sensor is not very uniform.

> The Mustek BearPaw 1200 Cu can be added to the list of supported
> scanners.

Do you know whether your scanner has additional features compared to the
Scanexpress 1200 UB plus? If so, it would be nice to support these as well.
But I would need some input...

Best regards,
  Andreas