[sane-devel] hp5400c series support

Remy Cool dev-sane@smartology.nl
Fri, 1 Mar 2002 15:50:53 +0100

G'day,

I've recompiled the kernel (2.4.18) with the usb scanner support as
module. Changed /etc/modules.conf to contain the option line to pass
vendor and product id's. Modprobe scanner does however not work ...
lsmod shows that the scanner module is initializing but the shell
gets completely locked. I'll compile a kernel with USB debug messages
enabled to see what's going on while this 'initializing' is taking
place. (and yes usb works ... my mouse and Sandisk work without
problems)

If this scanner works on FreeBSD ... it should be possible to get it
working under linux.

Anyone with a solution, hint, link or info on this problem ?

Regards,
Remy