[sane-devel] sane weirdness + UMAX Astra 1220 S

Oliver Rauch oliver.rauch@rauch-domain.de
Fri, 01 Mar 2002 15:48:44 +0100

Hubert Figuiere wrote:

> On Fri, 2002-03-01 at 12:49, Oliver Rauch wrote:
>
> Hallo Oliver
> >
> > you have 5 devices on this scsi controller.
> > How long are the scsi cables if you add all length?
> > Is the controller a fast or an ultra scsi chipset?
>
> Fast SCSI. For the length, I'll try to shorten it... I can't really much
> say given the mess in SCSI cabling, but "long" would qualify it.
>
> What is the lenght limit for Fast SCSI ?

Fast scsi defines 300 cm as maximum length, but I know situations in which
that also is too much (but some systems also work with 600 cm length, but only
if you have only one or 2 devices attached).

When you add cable lengths you have to add all external cables and for each
external device-box you also have to add about 20cm for a one-device box and
30cm for a two-device-box.

Bye
Oliver

--