[sane-devel] Re: (no subject)

Fri, 1 Mar 2002 17:26:18 +0100

Hi,

On Fri, Mar 01, 2002 at 04:08:08PM +0100, Andreas Nowack wrote:
> On Fri, 1 Mar 2002, Henning Meier-Geinitz wrote:
>
> > There is a TA from Mustek that can be used with any scanner because it
> > has an expernal power supply and is just plces on the scanner.
>
> Is there a way to detect the TA by software? Maybe someone knows it.

No. It's not connected to the scanner in any way. In principle, it's
just a flat lamp that can be put on the scanner.

In the Mustek backend used the option "source" to decide if a TA or
the normal flatbed is used. For scanners without a TA the only thing I
change is the x/y starting coordinates and the maximum width/height.
But that's only for convenience.

> I guess it makes a difference for the calibration whether a TA is present or
> not...

I don't think calibration is involved here.

The qualtity of this Ta (TA IV) isn't very good because usually the
lamp in the scanner isn't shut off while scanning. So you have two
sources of light.