[sane-devel] New Backend newbie question

Frank Zago fzago@greshamstorage.com
Mon, 4 Mar 2002 21:48:17 -0600 (CST)

On Sun, 3 Mar 2002, Steven Ellis wrote:

> Well as notional maintainer/developer of the viceo
> backend I had better get involved here.
>
> I'd love to get the code properly integrated. For now
> it is a patch to various releases of Sane.

suggestions:
- compile the viceo library in C instead of C++. You'll have to change
  little code. That's about 2 hours work.
- convert the // comments (http://www.delorie.com/djgpp/v2faq/faq8_4.html
  might help)
- call DBG_INIT() before DBG()
- remove the hardcoded path to the scanner
- may be move the viceo files to their own directory
- indent -gnu the viceo files
- add the GNU license to *your* own files
- port it to sane 1.0.7, which has a better usb support than 1.0.5.
- reply to people' e-mails before complaining that manufacturers don't
  answer yours.

That will make the code more presentable.

Frank.