[sane-devel] mustek parallel scanner stopped working since adding epson printer

Jim George jim.george@blueyonder.co.uk
05 Mar 2002 19:30:27 +0000

Henning,

	as it happens it's now working again.

	I was aware of the issue with printing/scanning simultaneously.  I'm
not sure what the cause was but I deleted re-created the printer queue
and the problem went away.

	Thanks anyway.

Jim
Hi,

On Sun, Mar 03, 2002 at 11:07:24PM +0000, Jim George wrote:
>       I've been trying to add an Epson Stylus Photo 810 printer on my
usb
> port, however this is has proved problemeatic so I defaulted to
parallel
> and all seemed well.
>
>       However now I'm having problems scanning (see error message and
debug
> output below).  I'm not sure if it's me or what?

If you use the same port for the scanner and printer: "Note also that
the backend does not support parport sharing , i.e. if you try
printing while scanning, your computer may crash." (from man
sane-mustek_pp). Maybe this bites you.