[sane-devel] sane Cant find Mustek 1200 cu plus

Tue, 5 Mar 2002 23:32:12 +0100

Hi,

On Tue, Mar 05, 2002 at 06:20:29PM +0000, dave junk wrote:
> Im running RH7.2 with a Scanmagic 1200 CU plus scanner. After some reasearch
> I found that this is a Mustek 1200 cu plus.

This is the first report a have about this SCanner. But usually the
ScanMagic are equivalent to Mustek scanners. Is the vndor id 0x055f
and the product id 0x0008?

> This appears to be supported, the Mustek home page on
> http://www.meier-geinitz.de/sane/scanners.html
> lists it as supported

It is supported.

> I re-compiled my kernel 2.4.9-21 to incluse usb support etc.
> I mounted the usbdevfs
> If i check /proc/bus/usb/drivers I can see the scanner 48- 63 usbscanner

Is the scanner lsited in /proc/bus/usb/devices and is there a line
with "driver=usbscanner"? If no ("driver=(none)" the scanner wasn't
detected by the scanner driver and you must tell him maually: rmmod
scanner; modprobe scanner vendor=0x055f product=0x0008.

> I mknod /dev/scanner c 180 48

Don't do that. That's only for SCSI scanners. Remove this file and use
"mknod /dev/usb/scanner0 c 180 48".

Also check the permissions of this file.

Edit mustek_usb.conf and enter something like this:

/dev/usbscanner0
option 1200cu_plus

If this doesn't work, please sen the output of sane-find-scanner and a
debug log from "SANE_DEBUG_MUSTEK_USB=255 scanimage -L 2>debugg.log"
to me.