[sane-devel] Epson Perfection 1250

Gene Heskett gene_heskett@iolinc.net
Wed, 6 Mar 2002 21:11:03 -0500

On Wednesday 06 March 2002 03:39 pm, Uwe Reimann wrote:
>Hi altogether,
>
>all right, I just compiled and installed plustek-sane-0_41_102.
> This works much better than before. Now, green and blue are
> recognized right (in addition to red, which already worked
> before). Great work!
>
>But, when doing a scan with nothing put into the scanner, and
> scanning withot any correction, I get a white page with a pink
> border around it. Is this normal (I told you, it's my first
> scanner), or is it what one can expect from the plustek-backend
> right now?

Thats about what I got from the first scanner (Epson 1250U)  I
had.  I took it back and got another which also displays this,
but not nearly so obviously.  The unbalance you call pink is
probably more of a magenta in terms of the real color, and I
think at the moment its a combination of a poor calibration strip
and a semi-cold lamp that didn't have time to adequately warm up,
something that would effect the color of the ends of the lamp
much more than the center 90% of it..

This is something that once you/they/we/Gerhard get the gamma and
such tuned up, should be something that the software can deal
with automaticly.

Its not quite that far along, best described as a 'work in
progress'.  :-)