[sane-devel] How to find out if USB is available for compilation

Frank Zago fzago@greshamstorage.com
Fri, 8 Mar 2002 11:26:07 -0600 (CST)

On Fri, 8 Mar 2002, Henning Meier-Geinitz wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Thu, Mar 07, 2002 at 05:03:49PM -0600, Frank Zago wrote:
> > > Yes. Every backend is linked with every library that's needed by at
> > > least one backend. That's true for e.g. libdl and libjpeg, too. That's
> > > just a way to make linking simple. To be honest, I don't really
> > > understand all this shared libs linking, e.g. why libjpeg is linked to
> > > linsane*.so *and* to the frontends. But as it seems to work it must be
> > > ok (?).
> >
> > Would you accept a patch to the makefile to fix that?
>
> If it works, we can include it. Just try :-)

Check that patch: http://fz.eryx.net/sane/#configure

It works here. It greatly reduces the number of libraries linked with the
backends and the fontend. I haven't tested with gphoto or *bsd.

Frank.