[sane-devel] ANN: QuiteInsane 0.4.1 - bugfix release

mh crapsite@gmx.net
Fri, 8 Mar 2002 22:49:02 +0100

Hi all,
normally, I wouldn't spam you more often than once in a week, but I hope,
that the following might be of interest for at least some of the subscribers
:-)

Unfortunately, there seems to be a bug in version 0.4, which makes
QuiteInsane unusable with some scanners. This problem is obviously
triggered by a call to sane_control_option() after a call to sane_start().
Thanks to Frank Zago for his bug report. He also reported problems with
the PNM reader/writer (usage of PPM instead of PGM format), which are
hopefully also fixed in the new release.

Further bugfixes:
-Preview window: if the size combobox isn't visible, changing the
 scan area rectangle resulted in an index out of range warning.
 (this problem will only affect scanners that use SANE_UNIT_PIXEL for
 their scan area options)
-Some "cosmetic" problems, like wrong button texts.

However, there are at least some new imagefilters:
-Shear
-Oilpainting

Links:
Project page: