[sane-devel] 1.0.7 can't find Microtek X6EL

abel deuring a.deuring@satzbau-gmbh.de
Sat, 09 Mar 2002 14:52:15 +0100

"K. Holcomb" wrote:

> >> This problem is only with scanimage (and other frontends), not with
> >> sane-find-scanner. The frontends will work if you add /dev/scanner (or
> >> wherever your scanner is located) to the backend config file instead
> >> of only a "scsi vendor product" line.
>
>     Actually, sane-find-scanner hangs indefinitely.

> >> I remember that some people had problems with ide-scsi in combination
> >> with SANE, maybe you can try to disable it while testing.
>
>    OK, I unloaded the ide-scsi module and tried the exact debug line you
>    specified (I had used something from the microtek2-backend man page
>    before).  The result was
>
> sane-find-scanner: searching for SCSI scanners:
> [sanei_debug] Setting debug level of sanei_scsi to 255.
> [sanei_debug] Setting debug level of sanei_scsi to 255.
> [sanei_scsi] sanei_scsi_find_devices: vendor=(null) model=(null) type=Scanner
>         bus=0 chan=0 id=6 lun=0  num=0
> [sanei_scsi] lx_chk_id: 0,0  0,0  6,6  0,0
> [sanei_scsi] lx_chk_devicename: matched device(direct): /dev/sg0
> [sanei_scsi] get_max_buffer_size for /dev/sg0: 131072
> [sanei_debug] Setting debug level of sanei_scsi to 255.
> [sanei_scsi] sanei_scsi_open: sanei_scsi_max_request_size=131072 bytes
>
>   at which point sane-find-scanner hung.

Strange. The next step in sanei_scsi_open after the DBG statement for
sanei_scsi_max_request_size is to open the device file and to issue a
few ioctls. Since you are using kernel kernel version 2.4.17, the next
thing you should see is something like

"[sanei_scsi] sanei_scsi_open: SG driver version: xxxxx"

Do you get any related error messages in /var/log/messages? Which low
level SCSI driver do you use?

Abel