[sane-devel] gtk+-2.0 is born

Gene Heskett gene_heskett@iolinc.net
Sat, 9 Mar 2002 17:49:34 -0500

On Saturday 09 March 2002 05:31 pm, Oliver Rauch wrote:
>Hi.
>
>Only an information to everyone who is intrested in it:
>
>	They are just releasing gtk+-2.0.
>

>And to answer the first questions:
>it is not compatible to gtk+-1.2 / gtk+-1.0
>
>This means that xscanimage, xcam and xsane will not compile
>with gtk+-2.0 without several (a lot of) changes.
>
>Bye
>Oliver

Since this is a mixed list, I'll refrain from any comments
stronger than 'Oh Fudge'...

I've suspected its time for RH and company to make a new release
as half (or more of) the stuff on rawhide today cannot be
installed on a 7.2 system now, too many dependency problems.
Given the state of the systems, and software advances over the
last 6 or so months since 7.2, it really is time for a fresh, fix
all the dependencies, release.

--
Cheers, Gene
AMD K6-III@500mhz 320M