[sane-devel] gtk+-2.0 is born

Oliver Rauch oliver.rauch@rauch-domain.de
Sun, 10 Mar 2002 18:33:58 +0100

Nick Lamb wrote:

> On Sat, Mar 09, 2002 at 11:31:43PM +0100, Oliver Rauch wrote:
> > This means that xscanimage, xcam and xsane will not compile
> > with gtk+-2.0 without several (a lot of) changes.
>
> The zeroth thing to do is panic.

I did not want to create any panic and I think I did not do this.
But I know I will get several "bug reports" that tell me
that xsane and sane-frontends do not compile with gtk+-2.0.

Of course there will always be some people who "get in panic"
when they hear that their software does not work any more with
the most up to date version of software xyz.

And of course I will get several bug reports about that.
I only wanted to tell the people that read the mailing list
that it is not worth trying it and that it already is known
that it does not work.

Bye
Oliver

--