[sane-devel] AGFA Snapscan 1236s possible conflict

Richard Davies sane@tollyboy.com
Tue, 12 Mar 2002 18:30:38 +0000

On Sun, Mar 10, 2002 at 07:58:28PM +0000, Richard Davies wrote:

Hi,

> > modprobe aha15*

> This means "load all modules that start with aha15" and so it does.
> Not only aha152x (which you need) is load but also aha1542. This
>. driver doesn't find any supported controller, that's why you get these
> messages.

Just me being stupid you are quite right modprobe aha152* works just fine
with no errors

The following information doesn't change.

> > SCSI
> > Attached devices:
> > Host: scsi0 Channel: 00 Id: 00 Lun: 00
> > Vendor LITE-ON Model: LTR 12101B        Rev:  LKU6
> > Type:  CD ROM                           ANSI SCSI Revsion: 02
> > Host: scsi1 Channel: 00 Id: 02 Lun: 00
> > Vendor: AGFA   Model: SNAPSCAN 1236  Rev: 1.50
> > Type:  Scanner                             ANSI SCSI revision: 02

sane-find-scanner
# Note that sane-find-scanner will find any scanner that is connected
# to a SCSI bus.  It will even find scanners that are not supported
# at all by SANE. It won't find a scanner that is connected to a
# parallel, USB or other non-SCSI port.

sane-find-scanner: found scanner "AGFA SNAPSCAN 1236 1.50" at device /dev/sg1

Makes no difference to the find scanner routine.

> I don't know anything about SnapScans but I will comment on this
> anyway: the SCSI and sane-find-scanner output looks fine.

> Maybe a problem with the firmware file?
> You will get more output on wht's going on with
> "SANE_DEBUG_SNAPSCAN=255 scanimage -L"

SANE_DEBUG_SNAPSCAN=255 scanimage -L

I have read the documentation and really don't know where to go from here.

Regards
Richard
There is hardly anything that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a
little cheaper.  Ruskin