[sane-devel] new backend

Frank Zago fzago@greshamstorage.com
Wed, 13 Mar 2002 13:23:35 -0600 (CST)

> On Tue, Mar 12, 2002 at 11:46:57PM -0600, Frank Zago wrote:
> > I've added a new backend for TECO / Relisys scanners.
>
> Fascinating, yet another backend. Do you ever sleep? :-)

Sometimes :)
I've a written a set of templates that cut down the time of
development of a new scsi backend: get some traces, understand the
protocol, fill the blanks, test, and post an announcement.
Besides, this scanner is very simple. The only options that can be set
are the dithering pattern and the gamma. Everything else is done by the software
(brightness, contrast, ...)

> Mustek sells some of its scanners also under the label "ScanMagic".
> However, there is one ScanMagic Scanner, that is not made by Mustek: the
> ScanMagic 4830S. SCSI inquiry reveals the strings "Flatbed Scanner"
> and "TECO VM3575". I was said that it might be an "Avec Super 3".
> Any chance that it's also supported?

I've seen some scsi traces on the teco list for that one. They look
different, although the scanning process is similar. If someone
wants to send me that scanner I could write a backend for it.

Frank.