[sane-devel] various questions

Frank Zago fzago@greshamstorage.com
Fri, 15 Mar 2002 15:00:38 -0600 (CST)

They are all related to my teco backend:

- apparently the optical resolution is 300*1200dpi. However if the Y
resolution goes beyond 300, the image is stretched. eg a 300*600 scan will
give an image twice longer than a 300*300 image. Is there a software
algorithm to correct that?

- the twain driver asks for some data at the beginning of the scan.
30720 bytes are returned, independantly of the resolution or area scan. I
assume this is some calibration data. How can I use that, or how can I find out
how to use it or what it is exactly? I assume this is then used to modify
the gamma table that is sent just after.

- the twain driver, in color mode, shows 4 gamma tables: rgb, red, green
and blue. How is it handled by the frontends? Has rgb a priority over the
three color tables? What should be the option name of the rgb table?

Frank.