[sane-devel] USB "Unable to access minor data".

Michael Chapman mchapman@mchapman.com
Sat, 16 Mar 2002 07:46:23 +0000

Have a Epson Perfection 1650 (USB).

<xsane pnm:0> works nicely

<SANE_DEBUG_EPSON=128 scanimage --device epson:/dev/usbscanner>
returns
	[epson] sane_start: /dev/usbscanner open (USB) failed: No such device

after modprobe etc. etc.

then /var/log/messages has "Unable to access minor data" for scanner.c

---------

Apologies this would seem to be more a USB problem, but it does seem to be a
USB/scanner problem!

Can anyone help (I am no Linux wizard!).

Thanks,

	Michael Chapman

PS usbview shows the scanner there but in RED, and in the information field
has the line "Name: (none)", which I presume is also indicative of the no
driver problem ???
		MC