[sane-devel] a backend test

Bertrik Sikken bertrik@zonnet.nl
Sat, 16 Mar 2002 11:54:09 +0100

Frank Zago wrote:
> I've derived scanimage into a test for backend.
> Currently it does not much:
>   - options check (get/set, consistent type/range, ...)
>   - 2 scans per scan mode (read byte per byte, read random size)
>
> It is not (yet) a replacement for scanimage -T.
>
> Comments?

I found at least one bug in the niash backend (experimental backend
for hp3300c) your program, thanks.

I got an assertion on line 226 because the size reported by a
button option was nonzero.
The SANE API says however that the size is ignored, so this
assertion is probably too strict.

Also I had some problems testing the gamma table option.
My backend returns the complete gamma table, while tstbackend
probably only expects a SANE_Int, resulting in a segfault.

The backend that I tested does not have a scan mode option,
so the call to get_optdesc_by_name in function test_scans
returned NULL and the following assert segfaulted.

Kind regards,
Bertrik