[sane-devel] USB "Unable to access minor data".

Michael Chapman mchapman@mchapman.com
Sat, 16 Mar 2002 14:33:54 +0000

Dear Henning,

	Many thanks!

I had done everything you suggested already, including:
	modprobe scanner vendor=0x04b8 product=0x0110
(which is suggested by various authors, guidance notes, etc), but I had not
done:
	rmmod scanner
	modprobe scanner vendor=0x04b8 product=0x0110
so I suspect the rmmod, removed something nasty, even though it fired back
the error message:
	module scanner is not loaded

By the way, for those that follow after (I spent a few hours going through
the archived mails last night ;-)> ! ):
	A RED entry in the UsbView left hand window seems
	to mean (at least among other things) "no driver".
	It is now black.

Regards,

	Michael.