[sane-devel] canon

Matthew Duggan stauff@guarana.org
Mon, 25 Mar 2002 01:47:25 +1100

Hi,

I suppose this would be a perfect time to announce that I've just
released a new patch for sane-backends-1.0.7.  The patch is version 3 -
the first two I'd rather not discuss ;).  Our testing hasn't yet found
any residual bugs with this version, but there must be some since I
wrote it.

The driver uses libieee1284 by Tim Waugh, which can be obtained from:
http://cyberelk.net/tim/libieee1284/index.html

Getting ECP still requires a bit of luck (and a dash of fairy dust!),
mostly due to the parport_pc module not using IRQs even if it's detected
them.  I just don't know enough about it to know exactly what's going on
here - I'm sure Tim knows.  Installing the parport_pc module and
specifying the irq seems to work, ie:
insmod parport_pc irq=7

And yes, this driver does support the N340P/N640P scanners - they're
functionally identical to the FB330P/FB630P models.  FB320P and FB620P
are still unsupported since they appear to need different commands, and
we don't have one to test (anyone want to send me one?).

Enjoy.

- Matthew Duggan
http://canon-fb330p.sourceforge.net/