[sane-devel] AT3 Weirdness

Michael S. Moulton msmoulton@iname.com
Tue, 26 Mar 2002 16:17:55 -0500

I just got an Artec AT3 from a friend this weekend... I'm using the ISA SCSI card that came with it.

I've got it working in both Windows and Linux, so I know everything works ok, but I am getting some weird behavior.

modprobe g_NCR5380 dtc_3181e=1 ncr_addr=0x240
seems to only detect the scanner if the scanner is on and ready when I load the module.  Once the module is loaded, if I turn the scanner on it is not detected.

Do I need to just load the module whenever I need the scanner and unload it when I'm done, or am I missing something?

Thanks,
--Mike
---
Michael S. Moulton    UZ 541+UUD Lord Bodak
msmoulton@iname.com   VT Class of 2001