[sane-devel] Strange behaviour Xsane as GIMP-plugin; device selection

Laurent-jan ljm@xs4all.nl
Fri, 29 Mar 2002 16:09:24 +0100

Hi,

I recently upgraded my Linux Distribution to RH 7.2.

I installed GIMP 1.2.3 from a TAR-bal, downloaded a new SANE (1.0.7)
and Xsane (0.79). Compiling went OK, all scanning works on both
scanners (Nikon LS200 and UMAX 1200S).

But I noticed something strange under Gimp's File->Acquire.
In the menu I see:
- screenshot
- Xsane device dialog
- Xsane UMAX'dev'sg6
No Nikon LS200 (as I had before the upgrade). When I select the
device-dialog, Xsane lets me choose between Umax and Nikon. So
Xsane recognises my scanners (I can scan with both without
problems).

Has anyone seen this before?

ljm

--
(c) ljm @ xs4all . nl.  No part of this copyright message may be
reproduced, read or seen, dead or alive or by any means, including