[sane-devel] building sane-frontends on OS/2

Fri, 3 May 2002 09:29:28 +0200

Hi,

On Fri, May 03, 2002 at 12:05:52AM +0200, Franz Bakan wrote:
> To build I have to
>
> 1. add '#define HAVE_VSYSLOG 1' to sane-frontends/include/sane/config.h
> 2. add '-llibsane -lsyslog -lpthreads -lsocket'   to 'LIBS =' in sane-frontends/src/Makefile

libsane should be automatically detected (sane-config --libs).

> -lsocket is needed because of:
> g:\emx\lib/syslog.a(syslog.o): Undefined symbol _send referenced from text segment
> g:\emx\lib/syslog.a(syslog.o): Undefined symbol _socket referenced from text segment
> g:\emx\lib/syslog.a(syslog.o): Undefined symbol _connect referenced from text segment

-lsocket/-lsyslog should work with the same "fix" as in sane-backends.
This should also fix the #HAVE_VSYSLOG problem. Please try the latest
sane-frontends CVS, I have just commited the change.

> -lpthreads is needed because of:
> xcam.o: Undefined symbol _pthread_write referenced from text segment
> xcam.o: Undefined symbol _pthread_write referenced from text segment
> xcam.o: Undefined symbol _pthread_read referenced from text segment

Hm, as far as I know, sane-frontends doesn't use libpthred at all. Can
you try to find out where this comes from? If this is from libgtk, the
gtk-config script should take care to supply the correct libs.

> 3. Change 'GIMP_LIBS   = -lgimp' to  'GIMP_LIBS   = -lgimp121' in sane-frontends/src/Makefile

Same here. gimp-config (or gimp-tool) --libs should return the correct
names. I don't think we can do anything about this in SANE, because
the name seems to change with every version (1.2.1 = 121, 1.2.2 =
122?) of gimp.

Maybe the call of sane-config --libs, gtk-config and gimp-config doesn't work with OS/2?