[sane-devel] ksane-lib-2.2.0 asks for libsane.so.1

Martin Moeller martin@martinm-76.dk
05 May 2002 19:48:56 +0200

You could also (as root) run checkinstall in the sane-backends directory
to have it installed as a backend. Works great with checkinstall 1.5.1

You should be able to find it here:
http://asic-linux.com.mx/~izto/checkinstall-en.html

Note: It seems that the RPM package itself does not have all the files
in it, but they *do* get copied to the installation directory.
Apparently the etc directory is not included, and there may be other
omissions, which are generally due to calling cp or something directly
instead of through 'install'. It will handle your dependency, though...

/Martin.