[sane-devel] HP4470c

Rob Ward wards@paradise.net.nz
Tue, 07 May 2002 20:31:05 +1200

<head>
  <title></title>
</head>
I have written to HP...<br>
Hi. HP have been kind to the Linux community in the past. I am wondering
if I could get in contact with a technical person to find out about the possibility
of the Linux community developing drivers for this scanner. We need basic
information like the scanners chipset.<br>
Thanks very much.<br>
Rob Ward<br>
Rob Ward wrote:<br>
  <title></title>
       Well I guess we could all have a try at getting some info from HP?
Maybe it would then be easy to develop the drivers?<br>
 Rob<br>
 Benjamin Pierce wrote:<br>

 cite="mid20020506133958.15860.qmail@web21408.mail.yahoo.com">
    <pre wrap="">I have been at it with HP for months trying to get
information about my 4400c which I believe to be
similar to the 4470.  The best that I got was some
Tech who had no idea what I was talking about, and had
no knowledge of how to escalate the question to
someone who did.

Thanks,
Benjamin Pierce

--- Sandy Thomson <a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E"
 href="mailto:sandy.thomson@ntlworld.com">&lt;sandy.thomson@ntlworld.com&gt;</a> wrote:
  </pre>

      <pre wrap="">I asked on the forums last week for some developer
documentation, or (even
better) source code.  They havent gotten back to me.
 Unfortunately.

It scans really well in windows.  I have the
slide/film adapter too, which is
pretty nifty.