[sane-devel] HP4470c

Rob Ward wards@paradise.net.nz
Tue, 07 May 2002 20:58:20 +1200

<head>
  <title></title>
</head>
I got this from HP after querying them about the HP4470c...<br>
So can someone in the US contact US technical support. I doubt New Zealand
support will be much help. If no-one can do that, I can try from NZ.<br>
Rob<br>

 style="font-family: -moz-fixed; font-size: 13px;" lang="x-western">
<pre wrap="">Hello Rob,

Thank you for contacting HP's Customer Care e-mail support.

I understand that you wish to develop scanning software compatible with
Linux operating system.  You need basic information on the scanner's
chipset.

HP Scanjet scanner's do not support Linux operating system.  This
service is provided as a means of technical support for our customers,
we appreciate the need for developing the software.

I suggest you to contact phone support for further assistance.

Please visit the following location, on our Web site, for a list of
available languages and phone numbers:

<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext"
 href="http://www.hp.com/support/phone_support">http://www.hp.com/support/phone_support</a>

If you need further assistance, please reply to this message.  You
may also find technical and troubleshooting information along with
software updates, on our HP Customer Care web site at

<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext"
 href="http://www.hp.com/support/scanjets">http://www.hp.com/support/scanjets</a>

Best regards,
Chris
HP Customer Solutions Team

* Our advice is strictly limited to the question(s) asked and is
  based on the information provided to us.  Problems and solutions
  may depend on the nature of your system environment and various
  other parameters that are unknown to HP; therefore, HP cannot assume
  any responsibility or liability.  Please be advised that technical
  information changes as new data becomes available, therefore, HP
  recommends that you regularly check our Customer Care Web site for
  possible updates at:

  <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://www.hp.com/go/support">http://www.hp.com/go/support</a>

  HP shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, special, incidental
  or consequential damages in connection with the use of this
  information.

Original Message Follows:
-------------------------

webform_submit_time : Tue May 07 2002 4:36:34
webform_url : <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext"
 href="http://contact.support.hp.com/email/scanjet/sj4470cxi">http://contact.support.hp.com/email/scanjet/sj4470cxi</a>
remote_host : atwnt334.external.hp.com
language : English [en]
template : SCANNERS
product_name : hp scanjet 4470cxi
first_name : Rob
last_name : Ward
email_address : <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated"
 href="mailto:wards@paradise.net.nz">wards@paradise.net.nz</a>
phone_number : +64 4 970 7381

country : New Zealand [NZ]

connection : usb cable
connection_other :
error_message :
operating_system : other
other_operating_system : Linux
problem_description : Hi. HP have been kind to the Linux community in
the past. I am wondering if I could get in contact with a technical
person to find out about the possibility of the Linux community
developing drivers for this scanner. We need basic information like the
scanners chipset.

Thanks very much.
scanning_software : none under Linux
software_with_scan : none