[sane-devel] .desc file for Medion/Tevion backend

Tue, 7 May 2002 20:03:13 +0200

Hi,

On Tue, May 07, 2002 at 05:56:06PM +0200, mh wrote:
> I wasn't sure, what "status new" means and what's the difference to "alpha".

:new is used when the backend is included in the sane-backends distribution.
This is only for the first release of sane-backends that include this
backend. After that release the status is set to :alpha, :beta, or
stable.

Maybe we should use a special token for :new, beacuse new backends can
also be of :alpha, :beta or :stable quality.

Anyway, not included backends are not :new :-)

bye,
  Henning