[sane-devel] Re: Sane-devel digest, Vol 1 #393 - 8 msgs

Jim Newton jimka@rdrop.com
Thu, 09 May 2002 22:03:24 +0200

hi henning et al, thanks for the information.  in fact i'm already
running
with setenv SANE_DEBUG_SNAPSCAN 255, and when i use scanimage -L i seem
to get the exact imformation as before.

yes, my scanner is the SnapScan e40, and yes i've already read
extensively
and many times the web page you  mentioned:
http://snapscan.sourceforge.net/

[jimka@localhost sane-backends-1.0.7]$ scanimage -L

I've read the web pages for sane and for snapscan and much documentation
for scanimage, and xscanimage and for xsane and for sane, but i have not
found an explanation of what it is that scanimage needs in order to find
a scanner.  aparently it needs something more than sane-find-scanner
needs.

-jim