[sane-devel] Problems with xsane 0.82 and sane 1.0.7

Edvard Rognlid edvard@rognlid.com
Wed, 15 May 2002 22:45:15 +0200

A little while a go I had a problem accessing my scanner (on my linux-box)
from my Win98 computer. I had to start the saned deamon in debug mode, it
did not work in xinetd mode. I was recomended to upgrade form sane 1.0.5 to
1.0.7 to se if that fixed my problem

My problem i still the same, and now I also have anothe. When trying too
install xsane-0.82-3.1.i386.rpm I get this messages (originaly in
norwegian, I have tryed to guess what is should say in english):
error: dependence:
         sane is demaded of xsane-0.82-3.1
         libsane.so.1   is demanded off xsane-0.82-3.1

I installed the sane-backend and frontend from tar.gz files. I have Redhat 7.2

Anyone?

Regads

Edvard Rognlid