[sane-devel] Scanning Lineart/Halftone with MICROTEK Scanmak

Oliver Rauch oliver.rauch@rauch-domain.de
Fri, 24 May 2002 20:05:50 +0200

mh wrote:

> Oliver Rauch, Freitag, 24. Mai 2002 17:27:
> > Hello.
> >
> > I did some tests with xsane-0.86 (save and viewer) and the pnm backend in
> > lineart mode some time ago and was not able to find any problems. I would
> > be glad to help if I can reproduce the problems. What I need is an exact
> > description under which conditions the image is sheared .
>
> As far as I can tell, this happens if the image data isn't 8bit aligned, e.g.
> a with of 264 or 256 works fine while a width of 263 or 257 results in a
> messed up image. I didn't look at the code, but I think you assume, that
> every bit holds valid data, which isn't true for lineart images (?)

I did test this with the pnm backend and lineart images with a width of 617 - 622
which works fine. So I do not find a problem with xsane.

If this really is a xsane problem please tell me how I can reproduce this
with e.g. the pnm backend.

Bye
Oliver

--