[sane-devel] -backends compile error (Makefile, line 125)

Sat, 25 May 2002 13:26:34 +0200

Hi,

On Sat, May 25, 2002 at 09:52:53AM +0200, Oliver Rauch wrote:
> I do not get an error message on linux ix86/suse 7.2, but I also have a
> strange basename function in the backend/Makefile line 76:
> LIBLIB_FUNCS = $(basename  )

Yes, this comes from Makefile.in:

LIBLIB_FUNCS = $(basename @LIBOBJS@ @ALLOCA@)

If @LIBOBJS@ and @ALLOCA@ are empty the argument is empty, too.
However, I don't think make should complain. The basename of an empty
list ist just an empty list.

I have no idea why the line number is wrong. The original author sent
me his Makefile and it's identical to mine. He uses make 3.79 while
mine is calles 3.79.1. I will try if this makes a difference later.